Monday, August 23, 2010

Lip Balm

Lip Balm

1 tsp Beeswax pellets
1 tsp Shea butter
6 ml olive oil or avocado oil
5 drops vitamin E

melt in microwave carefully, stirring every 20 seconds, then pour into cleaned out containers.

Note, this needs more information, how long to nuke, how much does it make? I will add them next time I make a batch.

great info here

like she says:

Lip balm from Denmark

5 - 6 grams of beeswax (the scale couldn't decide which one, so I'm guessing
it was very close to 6 grams - it was a little more than one teaspoon of my
beeswax, when it was grated)
1 teasp of shea butter
6 ml of castor oil (I read somewhere that this gives more glossy lipbalms)
6 ml of almond oil
5 drops of e-vitamin
5 drops of lemon EO

It is a really great lipbalm/gloss! I didn't want to add any colour, so it came out looking yellow - I'm guessing partly because of the lemon EO. It's hard enough to have in the lipstick container - and gives a really great gloss on the lips.

Oh, and it's true that lemon might not be good in very sunny weather - it makes you burn (or tan) more easily. But the shea-butter actually works as a sun screen (factor 4 european - don't know what that is in american sunproducts), so I guess it evens out.

1 comment:

  1. I made a lip balm that was just 2 Tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp of beeswax pellets. It's quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete